Monday, April 03, 2006

Cheese Dhal


I was really surprised to eat dhal cooked with cheese. My Bangladeshi friend cooks dhal with cheese. Apparently they do cook this way in Bangladesh. I was sceptical at first, like you are while reading it.. But once you try this, you will know how tasty it is

Ingredients

Red(massor dhal) lentils. 1 cup
1 onion chopped fine
1/2 t spn turmeric

I tbl spn oil
5 green chillies sliced in to julienne
2 tbl spn grated cheddar cheese
1 tbl spn lime juice
2 leaves of kaffir lime leaves( optional)

Boil dhal with onion and turmeric. blend it well and add salt. Take it off from fire.
Heat oil, add sliced green chillies, fry for 30 sec, pour it in to the dhal mix, along with the cheese, lime juice and kaffir lime leaves.
Serve hot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks divine. I'm gonna try it out.

Dawn said...

Aaw! this sounds interesting and am gonna try this for sure :)

Thnx

cheers