Sunday, August 20, 2006

Waffle; the best recipe ever

I love to eat waffles with Kaya(traditional malaysian custard/jam made out of coconut milk) and butter. I have always made waffles with baking powder and somehow it never tasted like the Malaysian waffle(especially the shop in Semua house, Jln TAR). This morning I tried making waffles with yeast and so far this is the best recipe I have ever tried.

Ingredients

2 cup milk
2 t spn yeast
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup oil
1/4 t spn salt
2 eggs.

Method
Heat milk to blood heat and add the yeast and a tbl spn of sugar. When the yeast is frothy, add the eggs, oil, rest of the sugar,salt and the flour and mix well. Keep aside for 30 mints in a warm place.( I keep it in the oven with the indicator light on)
You can make waffles in a preheated ordinary waffle iron or belgian waffle iron. I prefer to make waffles in the cast iron waffle maker.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Sarah chechi. I'm also a great fan of the waffles in Semua House basement foodcourt. Ahhh.. I miss it so much.

Vineela said...

hi Sarah,
Use the powder by adding some water and steam it in greased vessel witout putting pressure.
Add sufficient water in pressurecooker.

Another one ,just taste the powder check for salt (IF PACKET CONTAINS ANY SALT AND SEASONING ) and mix in water (not too thick nor too liquid) add peas and corn (if you like ) as how i used in my recipe.Follow the same thing and let me know if you need any help.
Thank You.
Vineela

RP said...

That sounds good. I even make waffles with dosa batter. I blogged about it a few weeks ago. Will try your recipe too..