Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Butter Chicken


I was planning to post the rest of the payasam recipes that I have collected over the years. However, I managed to make the best Butter chicken after a long time. We had a bbq on sunday and there were few left over tandoori chicken. No I don't make my own tandoori marinade.. I use Patak's.. If any of you have the perfect tandoori recipe, do post it..
Some of my fellow bloggers have asked me why I never post the pictures.. Simple..By the time I get the camera ready, my kids would have finished the food!

This is my Butter chicken recipe

Tandoori chicken pieces: 500 gms.( cubed and deboned)
Butter:4 tbl spn
oil: 2 tbl spn

Cream: 100 ml
Coriander leaves to garnish

Blend all of the following together along with 1/2 cup water
Tomatoes in can: 1/2 can..(I used heinz chunky tomatoes)
Onion: 2. peel and cut in to chunks
Ginger: 1 1/2 inch piece..peel and cut in to small chunks
Green chilli:4
Kashmiri Chilli powder:2 tbl spn
Cumin powder:1/2 t spn
Garam Masala: 1 tspn


Heat the butter and oil together( so the butter won't burn).. when it is hot, add the blended stuff and keep stirring till the oil floats on top. You may need to top up the water as you cook. When the oil floats, add the cubed boneless meat..boil for another 5 mints. Take it from fire, add the cream and garnish with coriander.. It is simply superb..

5 comments:

Scoot said...

wow!this looks so good...can i make it in veg...like use tofu or some veggies for the same gravy.i suppose i could.gonna try this soon.
and wow!am waiting eagerly for the paysam recipes as i am planning to make some for onam.i love your recipe collection.makes me greedy :)

Sarah said...

U can do with Paneer Maya... Marinate paneer with tandoorin masala, fry in oil and do the rest just like butter chicken..
Will post the payasam recipes.. which one you like?
Sarah

Scoot said...

hey I just got back to the recipe section.I am going to make this with paneer in this week.let's see.I'll tell you how it turns out :)
I remember my grandmother used to make chakka(jackfruit) payasam.
I really like that and I like pradhaman which is yummy.

Scoot said...

Sarah,i tried this with paneer...yesterday night.but I always encounter a problem when i blend tomato,onion,ginger....it always gives me a bitter tasting curry when I cook.this is not the first time it has happened to me....oh yeah i added two flakes of garlic to it...would have that made it taste funny.I cooked it alot also to get rid of that raw taste but it didn't completely go away.so i added some sugar which kind of balanced it out....hahahah yes,I am born disaster in the kitchen hee hee

Laddoo said...

Try adding a bit of cashewnut or almond paste to the gravy. Not for the weight watchers though. Check out some of the Best Butter Chicken Recipes on my Squidoo lens.