Sunday, July 02, 2006

Butter Prawns

Most of you who have read my blog would know I am extremely allergic to prawns.. but the mysteries of life is such that, I would give birth to a son, who would stop in the sea food section of the market and won't budge an inch till I buy, prawns and crabs of all kinds. He says 'if only girls were like prawns'.. What he meant by that, I never tried to find out.. Ignorance is a bliss, especially if you are a Malayalee mother, who is forever in a confused state as to how to raise a Malaysian, malayalee son in Canada.

Here is an easy simple, fattening recipe, that makes my son's eyes go all dreamy. It takes 5 mints to prepare and 5 mints to cook.

Ingredients

Prawns( bigger the better!!!) : 150 gm( cleaned and deveined)

Ginger and garlic paste: 1 t spn each

Butter: 1 tbl spn

pepper powder: 1/2 tspn
oyster sauce:1 t spn
soy sauce:1 tspn
Chicken stock granules:1 t spn
Corn flour: 1 t spn
water: 3/4 cup.

Dissolve the chicken stock, oyster sauce,soy sauce and corn flour in the water.

Heat a wok and add the butter, when it melts add the ginger garlic paste and stir fry for a minute till it is lightly browned, add the prawns, stir continuously, when the prawns are turning to pink colour add the water with all the sauce mixed. Keep stirring..When the sauce is thick, sprinkle the pepper powder. Take it off from fire and serve hot with rice.

Note: I do add a bit of extra butter(2 tbl spn) when I cook for my son..( love the look on his face, when he eats the buttery buttery yummy prawns!!)

4 comments:

Scoot said...

looks like something no person in the right mind can refuse yummy yummy
so you are still really allergic to prawns?

Unknown said...

Yummy!!!!!!!!!! Super good!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

>>if only girls were like prawns

heheheh!! Loved that!

Sumitha said...

If only girls were like prawns....I wonder what he meant...:):):)!Allergic to prawns...oh thats bad,are you allergic to all seafood or is it just shell fish ?