Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pistachio kulfi


Most of the readers of my blogs tell me that, I have a good memory. Although I do remember most of the things that happend in my life, I also block things out. I used to go to somewhere in MG road, Bangalore to eat kulfi with someone I loved very much. After his death, I have never gone there. This morning I thought of him and remembered the kulfi. I just can't remember the location or the name of the shop..
To remember a friend is to remember the good times you have had and that includes a good serving of kulfi.

Ingredients

100gm of shelled pistachios.( I didn't have unsalted ones, so I soaked the salted ones and removed the skin)
2 white bread slices, crust removed
1 carton whipping cream(1 lit)
4 tbl spn condensed milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 t spn cardamom powder.

Powder the bread to crumbs in a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients and blend, till it is thickend. Freeze in kulfi molds for 3 hours.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Sarah, Sorry for the loss.
Me and friend used to do the same thing in M.G. Road. I think the shop is near an old theatre?

Sarah said...

yesssssssssssssss.. do you remember the name of the shop?
I know it sounds funny, but I often travel the mg road visually..starting all the way from cauvery, cross the brigade road, the silk shops....all the way up to the signboard next to the christian shop near the traffic signal( signboard(blue colour with white writings) then read, 'your world is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path'

It bothers me so much, when I can't remember a simple name

Scoot said...

wow everyone loves mg road and has lovely memories there

Anonymous said...

No Sarahkutti, I dont think I even looked at the name once.:(
Bangalore has changed a lot since.

starry said...

Dont remember which place that is because I have been many times to MG road to eat. so sorry about your friend.Thanks for sharing this recipe. It sounds delicious and easy to prepare.

Rachna said...

Nina,

do you know how to make 'Ragi' ?? I found a packet in the shops. Hubby says it is a great thing to give to babies when they are starting on solids... btw, what is it called in English?

CoorgGirl said...

Are you talking about SreeRaj Lassi Bar?! They have the best kulfi, lassi and faluda. Food is a wonderful way to preserve memories-- on my way to the kitchen to make some pista kulfi.l

Kumar said...

I think the shop name is Bowring Hospital Stall. I also like the Kulfi there very much.

Unknown said...

Its Bowring kulfi ( petrol bunk ) .. I love Bowring kulfi.. now they have moved their shop to Jaynagar 3rd block...