Monday, March 27, 2006

Birthday Cake!!


My son turns 6 tomorrow. This time he wanted a dinosaur cake. I can't draw a straight line, let alone a dinosaur. As usual I googled and finally found this site. Their instructions are pretty simple and I could do this cake using an ordinary rectangle cake pan!!
http://www.eezplanit.com/dinosaur.htm.

I made a butter cake( aka pound cake)

450 gm of butter
450 gm sugar
8 eggs
4 tsp baking powder
450 gm plain flour
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp Vanilla essence
Sift flour with B.powder.Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy, add the eggs one at a time along with a tbl spn of the sifted flour. fold in the remaining flour along with the milk and the essence. bake at 180 degrees for abt 25 mints..

Butter icing

Butter(unsalted) 250 gm
Icing sugar 500 gm
essence/flavour 2 tsp
beat butter, add the icing sugar little by little, until all the icing is used.. add the flavouring and the colour.
I used light green for the body and mixed red in to the light green to get the purple

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! Sarah, that's a wonderful cake. Ur sosn's a lucky boy.

Sarah said...

terima kasi.... He ate almost half of it already!!!

VIDYA said...

the cake looks awesome, but i still dint get how u cut it .

VIDYA said...

I hope u got what i meant, i meant i dint understand how u got the shape